Importance of using a safe fogger disinfectant for air suspended microorganisms
Even though the cleaning of surfaces with soap and detergent does remove dirt, germs, and impurities, it does not always kill them. COVID-19 and its unprecedented spread have proven that to eliminate the risk of spreading infections, disinfecting surfaces properly is vital. This can be done best with fogger disinfectant.
How disinfectant fogging works
Fogging with the correct disinfectant and fogging machine kills 99.9% of pathogens and viruses. The fogging mist can reach far more areas than wiping surfaces down can. It is also a safe method to use on a multitude of surfaces, including soft furnishings, carpets, and curtains.
The sanitation process can also be accomplished in far less time, with fewer disruptions to the business, hospital, school, and any other facilities.
When a room is fogged with disinfectant, the fine mist remains suspended for a while, killing airborne viruses and bacteria. It also eliminates these from all surfaces, including light switches, door handles, and other areas frequently touched.
Using fogger disinfectant safely
When fogging, it is important to choose an antiviral fogging disinfectant that is safe to use. The area to be fogged should be cleared of humans and animals. The following standard fogging procedures need to be practiced:
- Wearing of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is recommended.
- Manufacturer instructions must be followed carefully when mixing the disinfectant.
- Testing of delicate fabrics to ensure they aren't damaged.
- Fogging should be started from the ceiling at the back of a room, covering all areas and surfaces, moving toward the exit.
- The room is immediately sealed after fogging, and the mist must be allowed to self-dry.
Reliable fogger disinfectant
Not all fogger disinfectants are safe to use in all environments. These need to be food-safe and approved for use in the UK.
APT is the reputable supplier of quality guaranteed foggers with over 30 years+ experience in the field. Their commercial fogging machines are guaranteed and come with expert advice on how they should be used. Importantly, there are always parts available in case of a malfunction to the fogging machines.
Viro Kill is the fogging disinfectant available from APT and is scientifically designed to kill 99.9.% of all known pathogens and enveloped viruses, like COVID-19.
Why is Viro Kill the most reliable product for fogging machine fumigation?
Viro Kill is a fast-acting and powerful amphoteric biocide bactericidal killer. It is manufactured in the UK, and meets all the specifications of the UK and Europe and conforms to the BS EN1276 and BS EN 14476. These are suspension tests for bactericidal activities.
Benefits of using Viro Kill (UK ISO 9001:2015):
- Because it is a single-stage cleaner, it cleans and disinfects simultaneously, Viro Kill saves time and is cost-effective.
- It is effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria because of its broad-spectrum activity.
- In suspension tests, it has proved effective against the following organisms: Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus hirae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Escherichia coli.
- Besides COVID-19, other enveloped viruses that Viro Kill is effective against include: HBV/HIV, Hepatitis B, Herpes simplex, Rota Virus, Bovine Corona Virus/SARS-CoV, and H1N1 Avian influenza.
- Viro Kill has an excellent ecological profile because it uses materials classified as “readily biodegradable.”
- It is much safer to use than other harsh biocides because it is only mildly alkaline.
- Viro Kill is food safe, is free rinsing, and has a low odour.
- It is also effective against algae, black moulds, fungi, and moss.
Where can Viro Kill be used?
Good hygiene has become a major priority in all businesses, public facilities, and homes. Viro Kill can be effectively used in all fogging machine applications in schools, hospitals, surgeries, and dental clinics.
The fact that it is safe to use in areas where foods are prepared. This means it can be used in restaurants, food preparation facilities, food transportation, and agriculture.
Buying Viro Kill
Viro Kill is available from APT and is a safe fogger disinfectant made in the UK. It can also be used as an anti-viral disinfectant on surfaces like glass, metals, plastic, and wood.
Buy Viro Kill as ready to use solution, for small cleaning surface tasks, or as a super-concentrated formula that can be diluted according to the level of sanitization required. Easy to dilute, the super concentrate maintains its effectiveness against bacteria at a ratio of 50:1.
Viro Kill Super Concentrate is also available in bigger sizes for public areas, schools, clinics, and gymnasiums, where disinfecting and sanitization is required more frequently.
APT offers reliable UK manufactured products that ensure we all stay safe. Their fogging machines and antiviral disinfectant, Vior Kill, come with advice on how to use their product correctly and safely.