Leaky pipework may not seem like a big problem but little by little, money is wasted. It could become worse and turn into a burst pipe at some point. How would that affect your business? If your maintenance crew have a roll or two of Amalgi Extreme self amalgamating tape to hand, the leaking pipework could be repaired at a fraction of the cost required for its replacement. And no down time either!
What Is Amalgi Extreme Tape?
It is a high performance commercial grade silicone rubber self sealing tape. Also called fusible tape, self-fusing, self-vulcanising, self amalgamating tape or just silicone tape, this product is amazingly useful.
Made from a specially formulated silicone rubber which sticks or bonds only to itself, Amalgi Extreme Tape has no adhesive and leaves no residue if removed. This incredible silicone rubber tape stretches by up to 300% and will wrap round irregular shapes creating a seal on even the most awkward of leaks. Silicone Amalgi Extreme Tape bonds only to itself and creates a permanent air and liquid tight seal.
APT's silicone rubber tape is also excellent for wrapping cables and wires in order to repair damage until you can get an electrician. It is perfect to reinforce cables on connectors that must be regularly plugged and unplugged.
Designed for both internal and external use, Amalgi Extreme self amalgamating tape is highly UV resistant and weatherproof. Wrapped round external pipework, it gives you maintenance free corrosion protection.
But we are sure that you will find many more uses, for example we have customers who have used it to renew handles on tools!
Who Should Buy Amalgi Extreme Tape?
Anyone in the engineering industry, factory maintenance team managers, automotive and marine mechanics... in fact whoever might require a product for the following applications:
- jointing, terminating and repairing power cables
- harnessing wiring
- watertight sealing of telecommunications cables
- insulating, waterproofing and protecting electrical components
- electrical insulation of power cables
- corrosion protection of metal pipework
- protecting joints against seawater in marine applications
Features And Benefits
Amalgi Extreme tape is silicone rubber based, extremely versatile and non-tacky making it very easy to use and apply. It is used particularly for leak repair, waterproofing, corrosion protection, jointing and repair of cables.
- Non-tacky so you benefit from a clean and easy application
- Rapid self-amalgamation when applied under tension meaning that any job is completed quickly
- Void free insulation without the need for heat or pressure so no need for any specialist equipment for completing the job
- Easily and cleanly removes from most surfaces leaving no residue thus can be used for temporary protection and repair
- Non-hardening so you don't need to worry about cracking caused by thermal or physical movement
- Excellent physical and electrical properties (insulates to 8000V) so you benefit from a product with a high degree of stability
- Exceptional resistance to weathering, UV, high temperatures (melt resistant up to 260°C) and prolonged immersion in water meaning it has a long life-span - you can 'fix and forget'
How Can I Repair A Leaking Pipe With Self Amalgamating Tape?
Remove the protective plastic coating from the tape as you stretch and wrap it tightly round the leak.
How Can I Protect An Awkward Shaped Joint From Corrosion?
Remove the protective plastic coating from the tape as you stretch and wrap it tightly round the joint.
How Can I Protect A Frequently Used Cable Connector?
Remove the protective plastic coating from the tape as you stretch and wrap it tightly round the cable and connector.
See a pattern? It's so easy to use in any application!
Buy your silicone rubber self amalgamating tape online now or talk to our customer services team for free help, advice or for more information now!
Looking for an Industrial Cleaning Service Company?
Should you require an industrial cleaning company then our sister company APT-ICC Ltd can help you, please visit their website for more information - www.apt-icc.co.uk/industrial-cleaning-services